Keep it quiet, but we’ve recently been getting shamelessly half-addicted to EastEnders. Having not been viewing the soap since the vintage days of the original Slaters, it’s been taking us a while to adapt to who’s who, but we’ve been following the post-murder storyline and are pant-wettingly excited for tonight’s live episode.
Let’s take a look at the facts:
- Tonight’s episode will start exactly where last night’s pre-recorded one left off – Stacey, Jack, Max and Bradley in the square. Let’s hope it doesn’t rain tonight, or the sudden weather change will look a little silly.
- Both Charlie Clements (Bradley) and Barbara Windsor (Peggy) are scheduled to leave the show very soon. In fact many reports say Bradley’s last scenes will be tonight… by jumping off a building!
- Rita Simons and Samantha Womack (Roxy and Ronnie) are the bookies’ favourites to fluff their lines!
- Ben Mitchell is the favourite to have done it.
- Several endings have been rehearsed, but the cast won’t find out which ending will be used until 7:30pm tonight – just half hour before broadcast. The moment the cast are told will be shown immediatley after the live ep finishes on ‘The Aftermath’, a BBC3 special, at 8:30pm.
- Stacey Slater will be a bit croaky – it was only confirmed today that Lacey Turner will take part after being struck down by flu over the last couple of days.
- Dot will make “a difficult decision”, Roxy will confront Ronnie and ask her if she is the killer, Peggy will confront Janine, and Max and Jack will urge Bradley to flee Walford after becoming the official police suspect.
OH THE TENSION. Tonight, 8pm, BBC1.
Who do you think did it?